Let it Snow! – Kick start

Today for the Summer Learning Journey I did Let it Snow! – Kick start. What i had to do was go on google maps and find a holiday place I really enjoy going to in summer. I picked a strawberry farm in Papakura. I had to use codes on scratch to make my strawberry farm snow! Then I had to post it on my blog. Fun fact about snow: It takes about 1 hour for a snowflake to reach the ground. Thank you very much Jacob Walker for making this task.

Please leave a positive comment on my blog.

Thank you!

One thought on “Let it Snow! – Kick start

1. Hi Swaimah,

It’s Emma here from the Summer Learning Journey.
    I love this activity because it is so funny seeing snowflakes in all of these summery locations! A strawberry farm is definitely an unexpected place to see snowflakes falling, I’m sure they could make use of them in their ice-cream though!

Did you enjoy getting to use Scratch? I find it takes a lot of patience but worth it when you get to see what awesome animation you have made!

I love strawberry picking, its one of the best activities to do in the summer. I didn’t know they had a strawberry farm in Papakura though, I will definitely have to plan a trip there this year. I like to visit the strawberry farms out in Kūmeu. They are a bit of a far drive from where I live which means I normally end up eating all the strawberries before I even get home!

Whats your favourite thing about visiting the strawberry farms? I love getting to have a nice cold ice-cream at the end!

Thanks for sharing Swaimah.

Emma – SLJ