Rebus Puzzle – Kick Start – Writing

Scary Story – Narrative Writing

Today for the SLJ I did Rebus Puzzle – Kick Start – Writing. I had to make a story and change some words into emojis to make the wriitng interesting. I made my story about me working at an old doll factory. I was in the factroy restocking some dolls for poeple to buy, one night I had to work late and there was one doll that fell off the shelf. I picked it up but then it started to move by it self. I added it into a glass box, suddenly it started to fog. I was scared that when I turned around i heard cracking noises coming from that exact box. The glass broke and the doll cameout running towards me. Theres more to the story but that’s what I’m going to give you for now. PLease leave a positive comment on my blog. Thank you!

2 thoughts on “Rebus Puzzle – Kick Start – Writing

1. Tēnā koe Swaimah,

I love these rebus activities as I find the rebus riddles so fun, this term we did a rebus riddle every morning before roll call as a daily riddle! This activity is even better as it uses both rebus riddles and literacy skills as you write your story.

I think your story was very cool. I like the spooky horror vibe you’ve done with the dark background and creepy theme. It is awesome, some beautiful narrative writing and a very good idea for you to practise this summer to keep up to date on your writing skills! A cool step up may be challenging yourself to use two emojis to make one word.

I would like to know what emojis you would use to write your name??

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ

1. Kia ora Zana Yates, Swaimah here. I honestly don’t know what Emojis to use for my name. My name is a bit hard, But I’ll give it a go.

🦢 -n 🧊 -ce 🧲 -gnet 🏠 -ouse = Swaimah

I tried my best at using emojis from my name.

Questions

Swaimah <3