Colour Block Landscape – Step it up!

Today for SLJ I did Colour Block Landscape – Step it up! We had to make a sunset using google drawings background. We had to make some gradient background and add some details. As you can see my drawing is a sunset.I tried my hardest to make it look realistic. please leave a positive comment on my blog. Thank you!

4 thoughts on “Colour Block Landscape – Step it up!

1. Kia Ora Swaimah
    your friend Jamie here! Your sunset looks very beautiful, and I like that you added some gradient colours. The addition of the coconut tree fills up the empty space on the left, good job!

Why have you chosen a sunset to create? My only feedback for you is to make the rocks and the tree a tad bit lighter and the sunset bolder, so the sea and sun are the main things you look at.
    Thanks for sharing, have a great day and a happy new year!!
    Your friend, Jamie , <3

1. (Sorry I should have read the description more carefully, because you were supposed to make a sunset. Have a great day <3)
      Your friend Jamie

2. Kia ora Swaimah,

There are a few things about your picture that caught my eye. Firstly, the mountains in the background and how you have managed to capture the rugged terrain of mountains. The other thing I liked was the sun beaming down on the water to create a reflection.

It would have been cool to see a pod of dolphins jumping out of the water in the distance or kids playing in the waves. I think it’s often the creatures and people that bring a beautiful landscape to life.

What did you find challenging?
    What did you enjoy about this task?

Remember to include questions in your description.

My question for you is, what do you prefer, mountains or the ocean?

Anna
    SLJ

3. Kia ora ano Swaimah,
    I too like your sunset artwork. Particularly the reflection across the water. You have done an awesome job of that. I hope you are getting to see some of these beautiful sunsets tamariki are doing for this activity in real life! We live within walking distance to a beach and the sunsets have been amazing over the past few weeks. One thing that might be worth knowing is that if you are creating a flower or tree, using an odd number of petals or leaves always seems to make it more balanced. For example your palm tree has six fronds. Next time try using only five, or adding another one to make it seven. I don’t know why using odd numbers make a difference, but designers and florists use this principle to add impact to their creations! So give it a go and see what you think. Nā, Mrs Penno