Tangrams – Step it up!

Today for the SLJ I did Tangrams – Step it up! It was really fun because we had to make the images from Mathagon Tangrams. I made some image in my kick start activity. For this activity we had to upgrade the images more. I decided to make so nice fancy images for you bloggers to look at. I used all different types of shapes and angles to make these images.Thank you so much Whaea Donna Yates for making this wonderful activity. Please leave a positive comment on my blog. Thank you!

2 thoughts on “Tangrams – Step it up!

1. Hi Swaimah,

I am so happy to see you participating in the SLJ again this year! I still enjoy reading your blog and seeing all of your wonderful creations.

What was your favourite tangram to create?

I hope you and your family have a wonderful summer – I know you’ll do really well at your new college.

Much love,
    Mrs Stone

2. Malo e lelei Swaimah,

What an awesome step up from your last tangram post, I like that to step it up the task introduces much more maths vocabulary such as perimeter, rotational symmetry, and angles. Did you find that the addition of these maths concepts made the activity harder? Or was it still as fun as the kick start?

My favourite tangram you have made is definitely the lion or the microscope because they look beautiful and I love the detailed description of the shapes and rules used to make them. Incredible job Swaimah, another outstanding blog post!!

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ