Tangrams – Kick start

Today for the SLJ I did Tangrams – Kick start. What we had to do was go on this website/app call Mathagon Tangrams and make some pictures out of shapes. I made 3 images, 1st a camel, 2nd a teapot and 3rd a cup that looks like a bowl. I made them from different colors and shapes. Each picture represents my favourite things. The 1st image a camel, which represents that desserts because I love going to Saudi Arabia and having fun at the desserts. 2nd and 3rd images are a teapot and a cup, they represent me loving tea/milk tea I lot. Thank you so much Whaea Donna Yates for making this task. Please leave a positive comment on my blog. Thank you!

2 thoughts on “Tangrams – Kick start

1. Kumusta Swaimah
    Jamie here again from St. Patrick’s! I really like your Tangram pictures especially your teapot and cup because you said you liked milk tea. Did you know I love milk tea too? What’s your favorite flavor of milk tea? Mine’s matcha and brown sugar flavor. Have a great day and I’m looking forward to more of your posts, Merry Christmas Swaimah!!
    Jamie

2. Malo e lelei Swaimah,

This is another example of a fun maths activity that involved my favourite strand of maths, geometry!! I think you did an incredible job on this activity, your description explained the task beautifully.

I think you did another awesome job on this post and it is great to see that you enjoyed creating your tangram objects even though they were a bit challenging and time consuming. Your camel is definitely my favourite, especially considering the beautiful meaning behind it.

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ