Which one doesn’t belong? – Kick Start

Today for the SLJ I did Which one doesn’t belong? – Kick Start. It was really easy to do because all we had to do was write about why shapes don’t belong to each other. Then we had to make a puzzle for the bloggers to make. I wrote about the different angles and vertices each shape has. I then made a puzzle were you bloggers have to solve. It’s different shapes that make upto a big sqaure. One of the shapes are messed up but I really doesn’t matter. PLease leave a positive comment on my blog. Thank you!

4 thoughts on “Which one doesn’t belong? – Kick Start

1. Kumusta Swaimah
    Jamie here from St. Patrick’s School. I see you a lot commenting on others blogs, so I decided to check your blog out. This activity you did looks really cool(especially the title), and I liked how you summarised everything from your perspective!

Did you know the puzzle you made is called a tangram puzzle, when different shapes make something else? Thanks for sharing, have a Merry Christmas and I look forward to more of your posts, and a reply!!
    Jamie

1. Kia ora Jamie, Swaimah here. Sorry for the late reply. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and also commenting it! I actually never knew that the puzzle I made was called Tangram Puzzle. Thnak you for letting me know. Have a meerry chirstmas Jamie!

Swaimah <3

1. Kia Ora Swaimah
        thank you for replying to my comment! No worries if you reply late, better later than never! I’m glad that I added to your knowledge. Have a Merry Christmas too Swaimah!!
        Jamie

2. Malo e lelei Swaimah,

This is such a fun maths activity, I love geometry so working with shapes and nets is my favourite kind of maths! I think you did an incredible job on this activity, your description explained the task beautifully, and asked another meaningful and engaging question!

I think you did a great job explaining and justifying why you think shapes may not belong but by not doing the linked slides on the task you were unable to complete the activity as it asks you to explain and justify the differences between the tasks on each slide. I would recommend going back and completing the slides then linking them to this post.

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ